Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 14:22:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Teletext decoding

I once wrote a program to download raw videotext data from the chip
via I2C bus and decode them completly. Was running under Windows.
I should still have somewhere the software.

> Hi,
>
> if someone is interested in decoding Teletext/Videotext data acquired
> with a frame grabber, I have some code which does the job. You need
> your frame grabber to acquire the lines containing teletext data
> (usually before the visible area); a simple patch to the meteor driver
> does the job, I assume th bt848 driver can also do the same thing.
> The sampling rate is not exceedingly important (provided it is high
> enough, e.g. 640 pixels) since I use a routine from sox to do the
> resampling with the correct values.
>
> Those interested can send me email for a copy.
>
> 	Luigi
> Luigi Rizzo                  |  Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
> email: luigi@iet.unipi.it    |  Universita' di Pisa
> tel: +39-50-568533           |  via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
> fax: +39-50-568522           |  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/

Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
           Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net