Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:59:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jin Guojun (FTG staff) <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        dono@async.org, hodeleri@seattleu.edu
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keyboard (PS/2?) problems (follow-up)

} > Ok, I've tried different types of keyboards, including the ones mentioned
} > below, a standard 104-key "win95 design" keyboard, Microsoft Natural
} > Elite(TM)(R)(SM)(C) Microsoft, and some others. With all of them, I've had
} > the same problems with the console locking up. I found out that after a
} > lot (not sure how many exactly) of switching vty's, this happens, and
} > locks up in mid-switch (using alt-Fkey). Is this a bug with the syscons
} > driver?
} >
} > Please let me know if any of you have had this problem before. Thanks.
}
} Occasionally I will have to hit the numlock button a couple time to type
} anything (the first time it beeps, the second time it toggles) but I haven't
} noticed this in conjunction with switching consoles.

Constantly, I can lose the keyboard and/or have malfunctioned keyboard
during switching a keyboard to different CPU by using a keyboard switching box
in X window section. About less than 35% times, using alt-Fkey may recover the
keyboard, but most time I have to quit the X window (if keyboard still alive)
or even reboot machine (lost keyboard). I do not know if we trigged a same bug.

	-Jin