Date:      27 Sep 2000 12:46:39 -0400
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard modem recommendations (was Card Recommendations)

"Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU> writes:

[...]
> Another thing to find put out there would be good pccard modems (since
> most newer notebooks come with the evil software modem).
[...]

Here, here!

I could really use a list of pccard modems that work with FreeBSD 4.1
STABLE.  It seems that some companies (IBM reselling the 3COM 3CXM356) are
putting winmodems on pccards!  Took me a while to figure that one out. . .

On a side note, is there any current attempt to work with the "linmodem"
folks (creating winmodem drivers for Linux), to get the code over to
FreeBSD?  I have a bit of time over the next month or so, and would be
interested in helping out a bit with the drivers (N.B.  this would involve
a lot of learning on my part. . .)

Thanks for all the good work.

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."