Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:03:10 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jay VanOsdol <jvanosdol@dor.state.in.us>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot.config

Jay VanOsdol wrote:

> I have tried to install FreeBSD 2.2.7 several times.  Each time the
> installation looks ok until I try to boot and then I receive the message
> 'Can not find boot.config'.  I have tried to install with floppies and ftp.
> I receive no error messages during the install.  I am trying to install on
> an IBM 486 DX4 100.  This machine has 64 meg of ram and an IDE hard drive
> with 515 meg of space.  FreeBSD is the only operating system on the pc.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

# touch /boot.config

:-)

That's all you need to do to get rid of the message, the file is not
crucial.

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@scientia.demon.co.uk : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)