Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 20:40:03 -0600
From:      Don Schmidt <yensid@imsa.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Video problems w/ 2.2-RELEASE boot floppy

	I've been having problems with the 2.2-RELEASE boot floppy wreaking
havok with my framebuffer; after the loader uncompresses the kernel (and
runs it, I suppose) the characters on my screen turn a truely hideous shade
of magenta mixed with garbage. (The 'newer' image turns it a slightly less
frightening shade of orange) It appears that the kernel is running and
trying to display something, as small groups of lines will appear and dissappear
at what seem to be appropriate times.  Both the 2.1.7 and 3.0 disks boot fine
All three were written in the same way (dd'd from linux) The video card is a
based on a Cirrus GD5430.  Any suggestions?

Don Schmidt					  Network Systems Administrator
yensid@imsa.edu				      Illinois Math and Science Academy
----------You can build a Mainframe from the things you find at home!----------