Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:03:32 +0400
From:      "Magdalinin Kirill" <bsdforumen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server recommendation for co-location

Hello,

Yesterday I posted the same question to questions@freebsd.org,
but today I noticed a relevant discussion here. I wonder if
anyone tried to run a box with two Adaptec 2400A RAID controllers
as it seems to be the only option available if one needs a lots
of cheep disk space.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:52:01 -0700
Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> wrote:

>The Adaptec controller is basically a DPT (sorry, Adaptec SCSI RAID)
>controller with ATA channels on it.  It's not a great device, although
>I'd say that it would a least basically work.

worth a try or I should look for another decision?

best regards,

Kirill Magdalinin,
bsdforumen@hotmail.com