Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:04:18 +0100
From:      Bertram Scharpf <lists@bertram-scharpf.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X crash

Hi,

On Wednesday, 15. Mar 2017, 23:22:21 +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> [...] I upgraded the packages on
> my desktop machine, and -- voila -- it crashes and
> reboots as soon as I start Xorg.

I detected that when I comment out the driver line in
"xorg.conf", X crashes no longer.

  Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Card0"
      # Driver      "intel"
      BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"

As far as I see in the log file, the driver still is loaded.
Of course, as the system crashes immediately, I cannot diff
the log file against the configuration causing the
bad behaviour.

The port "x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel" has been updated two
weeks ago. There must be some relation.

What can I do to diagnose this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram