Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:23:46 -0700
From:      PHPig PHPig <phpig2004@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   [question] does 4.10 supports DAVICOM 9102 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter?

Dear all,

I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.10 on a very old box (unfortunately,
the only one I can access for now). The installation runs smoothly
(via CDROM, using release iso), but FreeBSD failed to recognize the
ethernet adapter, DAVICOM 9102 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (recognized
by Belarc Advisor, before I wiped out the Windows on it).

I have searched the mailing list as well as the FreeBSD website, seems
the only related article was posted at
http://people.freebsd.org/%7Ewpaul/Davicom/ loooong time ago. The
article aslo mentioned that this adapter should be supported by
version 4.0+. Based on the 4.8 release note, there should not be any
problem with this particular adapter. Yet I have tried installation
twice, both failed to recognize it.

Could you please help me out? Many thanks.

PHPig