Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:38:53 -0400
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@cmiets.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCO Openserver & FreeBSD

Hi all,

I've got a situation where I need to integrate several FreeBSD boxes
into an already existing SCO environment.  I'm polling the group for
opinions/ideas/comments/etc...

We have (1) SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box which we need to keep.  Currently
it provides all network services to our office (Database, File & Print,
Mail, DNS, etc...)

I'd like to bring in a few FreeBSD servers to take over File & Print
services, Mail, etc...  Now, my questions.

1.  Is there an easy way to migrate the password file from the SCO box
to the FreeBSD servers?

2.  And I think that this is going to be the killer, is there an easy
way (short of NIS) to keep passwords between the SCO box and the FreeBSD
boxen in sync?

3.  A bit off topic.  Has anyone used SAMBA to act as a WinNT PDC?
Anyone used SAMBA's ability to sync Windows and UNIX passwords?  Just
curious.

Anyhow, thanks for the input, as always, it's appreciated.

Jim