Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 1995 20:01:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   LINT addition please

For those systems that do not correctly report memory size, could we please add
this to LINT.  Currently MAXMEM isnt documented anywhere.

# MAXMEM Specified the maximum amount of ram in the system in kilobytes.  Only
#        use this if your BIOS is broken (I.e. Compaq's).  You can specify as
#        large an amount as you expect will eventually be in the system, as
#        FreeBSD is smart enough to recompute the max memory size by scanning
#        for the presence of this much memory.
#
#        MAXMEM = MB*1024 (so a 16mb system would use MAXMEM=16384)
#
#options MAXMEM=262144
#

-Crh