Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 17:46:55 -0400
From:      "Joe Gleason" <clash@tasam.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AIC-7895 in Stable? Where did Cam go? Can I fit entire message in subject line?

I'm trying to get my AIC-7895 onboard controler on my Iwill DBS100 board
working without going to 3.0-beta.

Does anyone know when the AIC-7895 chipset will be in stable?
I think it is in current, but I really don't want to goto current on my
primary server.

I read back in the list archive and found the AIC-7895 is supported in CAM
and I have found this to be true.  I am now running 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP
with this board and it works great.  What happened to CAM?  It seems to have
dissappeared from the ftp sites.
I assume it was assimilated into current.

What will happen if I cvsup 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP?  With support for my SCSI
still work?  (I will find the answer to this one in a few hours through
experimentation)

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Joe Gleason
Tasam