Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Komiteta Gosudarstwenogo Bezapasnasti <kgb@2plus.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: heeelp

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Komiteta Gosudarstwenogo Bezapasnasti wrote:

> 	Psease, help.
> I don't make kernel support about ipfw(traffic-limiter)
> ecsmple:
> #ipfw pipe 1 config bw 96Kbit/s
> ipfw: setsocport(IP_DUMMYNET_CONFIGURE): Protocol not avalible
>
> I,m beginer :((
> 24 hours I don't have efect :(((

In your custom kernel config file (read the Handbook entry on this if you
haven't ever build your own kernel), you need the lines:

options         IPFIREWALL
options         DUMMYNET

Add those lines, rebuild your kernel, reboot, and then try setting up your
pipe again.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )