Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:33:18 +0200
From:      Grant Speelman <grantg@xsinet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cvsup behind windows xp

Hi there

I got the small problem, I would like to keep my ports collection
update using cvsup but I don't have a direct connection to the
internet. My Computer is on a network with my Fathers computer which
is running windows xp.  Lets say I have full access to my fathers
computer as long I don't remove windows xp. What would I have to do
to my fathers computer and my in order to keep my ports collections
updated.

I read the man pages something about cvsup using a socks proxy but
where do I find this runsock(I look in the ports and try the 'which'
command) and how do I use it.

Any help, please

Grant