Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:03:24 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?B?3Gxr/CBTQVlJTEFO?= <ulku.sayilan@kssgm.gov.tr>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: BTX halted

Hi,

I think this is SCSI device settle problem,
since default boot has been set up from CD and SCSI ID 0 and disk
SCSI ID is 4. Before FreeBSD installation MS NT was working on this
computer. After installation FreeBSD, it doesnt start kernel boot but
 it has found disk and has do partitions. is it possible setting up
 SCSI device during installion?!? I have tried all installaion
 procedure but I couldn't found any setting I belive that SCSI
 contoller isnt work properly. Also maybe FreeBSD hasn't got drive of this
 controler?!?!
 Tekram DC - 390F PCI SCSI controller
 BIOS version V3.20 date 1999-3-29

 disk is Quantum Atlas SCSI HD

 another error had depend on partition I understant but SCSý problem
 going on. Now it give such kind of error

 maounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
 /stand/sysinstall running as init on vty0
 page fault
 syncing disk
 done
 uptime 21 sn
 --------reboot------

During my search I've found such URL consist of some error code and
linux kernel...

http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2000/Feb/1489.html
http://www.saclug.org/archive/2000/07/0332.html

especially such URL same as my problems
http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2000/Feb/0975.html

I decided to this SCSI controller has got some problems about unix and
derivatives... :( I couldn't kernel compile in FreeBSD ...

I wonder I am wrong? can you advice me?

I have done your previous advice during lsdev it couldn't found any
device and than founded 12 different kernel error.

--

 Ülkü                            mailto:ulku.sayilan@kssgm.gov.tr

"Her development, her freedom, her independence, must come from and through herself.
First, by asserting herself as a personality, and not as a sex commodity.
Second, by refusing the right of anyone over her body; by refusing to bear children,
unless she wants them, by refusing to be a servant to God, the State, society,
the husband, the family, etc., by making her life simpler, but deeper and richer.
That is, by trying to learn the meaning and substance of life in all its complexities;
by freeing herself from the fear of public opinion and public condemnation."
[Emma Goldman, Anarchism and Other Essays, p. 211]

This e-mail was scanned by Antivirus!
http://www.kssgm.gov.tr