Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:57:43 -0700
From:      "Brent Wiese" <brently@bjwcs.com>
To:        "'Richard Shea'" <freebsdQ0@richardshea.fastmail.fm>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: sendmail_enable="NO" /"YES"/"MAYBE" ?

> Hi - I currently have sendmail_enable=3D"NO" in my rc.conf=20
> file. This allows emails to be sent from the FBSD machine=20
> however I would like one other machine on the LAN to use the=20
> FBSD machine as a SMTP machine.=20
>=20
> I think sendmail_enable=3D"YES" would do this but would then=20
> allow every other machine on the LAN to use sendmail ? Is=20
> there some way I could limit sendmail users by IP address ?

For such a "simple" config, you should really consider using Postfix. =
Its in
the ports. Its very easy to set up and do exactly what you want.=20

Sendmail can be great for complicated installations, but I personally =
have
never run into a situation where it was more advantageous than Postfix.

Cheers,
Brent