Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:32:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

Maybe you need to look into VLIW, IMHO the future of architecture.  Very
Long Instruction Word...  You know how fixed lengh RISC instructions
are easily pipelined?  Well, VLIW is pipelined at compile time...  Of
course, non of this to my knowledge is in production anywhere, so a moot
point..  Thought I'd mention it though, as it's fun stuff.

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2001 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2020 for the rich and the dead.
   921 days remaining in the Raw Deal.