Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 07:51:00 -0600
From:      "Singh, Hardeep           IN" <singhh@delpo1.in.unisys.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   procfs mount problem

Hello All

I am running 2.2.7 Release. Till yesterday it was running all fine and even
today it is running. The only problem is that at startup when system tries
to mount all flesystems listed in fstab file.It mounts all filesystems
cleanly except procfs where it says:
"procfs not available"  and hence can not continue.
I then commented out the line for procfs in fstab and it became all fine.
I was then worried about ps and w . Starngely though "ps" and "w" also work
fine. When i try to manually load procfs file system as
mount_procfs -o rw procfs /proc
I get the same error: procfs filesystem not available.
"df" comand   also does not list proc filesystem as mounted.

It could be that ps is using root filesystem for its working.Any clues!!

Hardeep
singhh@delpo1.in.unisys.com