Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:44:14 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Jin Guojun' <jin@george.lbl.gov>
Subject:   RE: AMD k7-750 + ASUS K7V

> I tried to install FreeBSD 3.5 and 4.0 or later on a AMD
> K7 (Athlon) 750MHz with ASUS K7V motherboard. The first
> installation floppy will not boot and give following
> message: (all versions of FreeBSD later than
> 3.5 and 4.0)

I've got FreeBSD 4.0 on my home box: ASUS K7V, Athlon 650MHz. No problems.

I read that you need to disable the BIOS virus protection for FreeBSD to
install properly.

> I put a pre-installed 4.0-20000607 IDE hard disk on the
> system, the system will boot, but did not not find any
> network adapters (there are three differet NIC installed
> -- Intel EE PRO 100 fxp0, sysKonnect sk0 and
> NetGear GA620 ti0)

Have you tried installing the NICs one by one?

    Kees Jan

 TV is the worst  of both  worlds.  It's not  as
 good at words  as radio is because the pictures
 are a distraction  which demand  attention, and
 it's not as good as cinema because the pictures
 are not nearly as good.
                                 Douglas Adams