Date:      8 Jan 2002 15:01:42 -0000
From:      Mats Lofkvist <mal@algonet.se>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh my god, Google has a USENET archive going back to 1981!

Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl> wrote
> In those days I built my own SWTPc/09 clone system, running TSC FLEX
> and later TSC UniFlex. I still have it! Started off with 2 floppys,
> later grew a Miniscribe 3012, 10Mb @ 155ms average access time. 1Mbyte RAM.
> Motorola 6809 at 2 MHz.  2 years ago it still ran (OK, it blew
> a electrolytic cap in the HD power supply but that was an easy fix).

Still have my SWTPc clone built around -83. Wire-wrapped from
xerox'd original SWTPc schematics (only problem was that the
schematics weren't always correct, took a while to figure out
why the floppy controller didn't work :-).

Never went beyond FLEX and a pair of floppies though, and cheated
by buying a second hand SWTPc ct82 terminal (that's 82x16 on a
9 inch crt). That terminal together with a 300 bps modem was
my usenet window for years.

      _
Mats Lofkvist
mal@algonet.se