Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:27:17 -0000
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel panics at fast ftp and http transfers

I have a LAN that is built sort of oddly.  All my machines (one
FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE box, and 2 Win2k boxes, and one Whistler box) all
connected on a hub along with my DSL modem.  They all just grab a IP
from Verizon's DHCP.  The FreeBSD box is a web server running Apache.
On the local network we like to transfer files via ftp and http.  When
we do this the kernel panics.  This only happens on the local network
where speeds can be quite fast.  I also notice there are a large
number of collisions.  I don't have this problem sharing files between
the windows machines.  I also notice that the MTU is set to 1500 on
the FBSD box and 1472 on the windows boxes.

Anyone have any have any idea on why the kernel panics or why I have
so many collisions?

Thanks in advance.

---
| Jason P. Halbert                 | jason@jason-n3xt.org |
| Transmitter Maintenance Engineer | DALnet: Push^Pop     |
| KC5WEG                           | ICQ#: 86637300       |
| KDAF-TV WB 33                    | (214) 252-3300       |
|     Experts know more and more about less and less.     |
|                  http://jason-n3xt.org                  |