Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:02:12 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC 3.4 import and ports system

Hello!

I'd like to know why the ports system is not still differentiating
between freebsd versions before and after the gcc 3.4 import...in fact
it looks strnge to me there has been no bump in OSVERSION (and
__FreeBSD_version) to mark this change. It was done for most(all?) previous
compiler imports...

My problem is with the netpanzer port I'm maintaining. it fails with gcc
3.4, I'm trying to force it to use gcc 3.3, but the ports system does
not ntice that gcc 3.4 is in the system(logic in bsd.port.mk will use
the system gcc when 3.3 is requested on anything above OSVERSION
501103).

I could mark the port broken but am not sure how to correctly recognize
-current after gcc 3.4 import.

Thanks in advance for any help and clarifications.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>