Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 10:47:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.co.za>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0 and isa cards on 4.x

Have anyone 4.x working with an ISA card and the ed0 device? I can't
believe that it can be broken for so long without anyone noticing. I
have been using 4.x on lots of machines here, but all of them with
pci ethernet cards.

I have tried to install a recent 4.0 snap on a machine with a SMC8216
card, but everytime I got the dreaded "ed0 device timeout" message.
I have tried different interrupts, changed cards, but nothing helped.
I even tried it on another machine and had the same results. I even
tried 4.0-RELEASE, but got the same results. Then I tried 3.5-RELEASE
and that worked without a problem.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za