Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:10:40 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   any device to share one dial up connection among old fashioned modems?

hi people,

is there any hub/switch/etc. which can be used to share
single (phone) dial up connection among more than one old
fashioned modems, most possible w/o things ethernet?

here are some more details:
- computer A fitted w/ linksys pcmlm56 card (ethernet doesn't work)
  and windows me & freebsd 4.4
- computer B has some sort of modem, most possibly software based
  and windows (98|me)
- connection to outside world happens via earthlink dial up connection
- running a computer all the time isn't an option

it's possible to add a working ethernet card to A on my own expense,
but not to B as that's owned by my father and he will be highly
reluctant to spend anything on ethernet connectivity since "he can
use whatever modem he has just fine".

thanks in advance.