Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 20:12:04 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Vova Golubkov <vova.golubkov@cern.ch>, "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.0: EtherExpress16 disappeared?

In message <200003191750.JAA09645@cwsys.cwsent.com> Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group writes:
: Had the same problem with my 3C509B (ep0).  Disabled all unneeded
: drivers (boot -c) and it now works.  A comment in the -current archives
: by Warner (IIRC) stated that other drivers may trash the card's
: registers while probing for their supported hardware, causing your card
: to become unresponsive.

It was the ex driver that was causing my problem, but it seems to be
fixed.

Warner