Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/32656: New Entry for handbook bibliography hardware reference section

The following reply was made to PR ports/32656; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:18:57 +0100

 Oops, five minutes past midnight in Germany... Of course, this was supposed
 to go to "docs" and not to "ports". I would appreciate it if someone could
 fire it over to "docs".

 Sorry that I sent this to the wrong place - I guess I need to get more
 sleep...

 Greetings
 Nils

 On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 12:05:01AM +0100, Nils Holland stood up and spoke:

 > >Number:         32656
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       New Entry for handbook bibliography hardware reference section
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > >Environment:
 > System: FreeBSD poison.ncptiddische.net 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sat Dec 8 10:38:50 CET 2001 root@poison.ncptiddische.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/POISON i386

 > 	Add "The Indispensable PC Hardware Book" by Hans-Peter Messmer to
 > 	the bibliography section of the handbook. I own the German version
 > 	of this book, and it's really great. About 1000 pages full of accurate
 > 	and well-written information. So I had teh feeling that this one should
 > 	not be missing from our bibliography section. Notice that I added
 > 	the fourth edition of the book. This is not yet available, but
 > 	will be released on the 28th of December, according to Addison-Wesley.
 > 	It can already be pre-ordered AW and most online booksellers, so I
 > 	thought I might well add this soon-to-be-released edition instead
 > 	of the two years old, current edition.
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > 	Not much to be repeated here...
 >
 > >Fix:
 > 	Apply the following diff to handbook/bibliography/chapter.sgml
 >

 > *** chapter.sgml	Thu Nov 15 10:04:20 2001
 > --- chapter_new.sgml	Sun Dec  9 23:53:56 2001
 > ***************
 > *** 409,414 ****
 > --- 409,421 ----
 >   	  Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996.  ISBN
 >   	  0-201-47950-8</para>
 >         </listitem>
 > + <listitem>
 > + 	<para>Messmer, Hans-Peter.  <emphasis>The Indispensable PC Hardware Book
 > + </emphasis>, 4th Ed.
 > + 	  Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 2002.  ISBN
 > + 	  0-201-59616-4</para>
 > +       </listitem>
 > +
 >       </itemizedlist>
 >     </sect1>
 >

 > >Release-Note:
 > >Audit-Trail:
 > >Unformatted:

 Nils Holland
 Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
 http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org