Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:46:23 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject:   Re: g++ warnings

On 2002-12-11 00:49, "Philip M. Gollucci" <philip@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
> /usr/include/sys/syslimits.h:41:2: warning: #warning "No
> user-serviceable parts inside."

Userlevel applications should not include this file.  There's nothing
left in that file that they should depend upon.  The applications
should use <limits.h> instead.

> I keep getting this damned warning.   In particular apache (apr [HEAD])
> but I seem to remember other things doing it too.

Hopefully, the commit log of the file explains this better than I
could ever do:

: revision 1.13
: date: 2002/10/27 18:03:53;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
: As promised, downgrade the #error into a #warning.
:---------------------------------------------------------------------
: revision 1.12
: date: 2002/10/27 18:03:02;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;  lines: +12 -10
: Update limits and configuration parameters for 1003.1/TC1/D6.
: Implement new sysconf keys.  Change the implenentation of
: _SC_ASYNCHRONOUS_IO in preparation for the next set of changes.
:
: Move some limits which had been in <sys/syslimits.h> to <limits.h> where
: they belong.  They had only ever been in syslimits.h to provide for the
: kernel implementation of the CTL_USER MIB branch, which went away with
: newsysctl years ago.  (There is a #error in <sys/syslimits.h> which I
: will downgrade in the next commit.)