Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:13:22 +0530
From:      Mubeesh ali <mubeeshalivm@gmail.com>
To:        claudiu vasadi <claudiu.vasadi@gmail.com>,  FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Laptop stuck at bios splash again :-( .(chunk 'ad1s4 ; ad1s2 ,ad1s3 does not start on a track boundary : install issue)

It seems like i am awfully unlucky :-( ,getting two bad HDDs in a row
or iam doing something terribly wrong.

With my new HDD ;installed ubuntu and this time  installed PC bsd  not
freebsd ,in a separate partition.

It booted up once into PC bsd,life was good  and then from next reboot
.it is stuck at bios splash.
As Bruce from this list commented to an earlier mail(not booting after
freebsd install) ,i am assuming my bios (INSYDE bios) doesn't like
freebsd partitions or freebsd in combination with ubuntu ?

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Mubeesh ali <mubeeshalivm@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> yes. there is an un allocated 50 gb space (deleted a partition using
> win 7 partition tools) and we created a feebsd slice in the
> unallocated space while running sysinstall =A0....However in the next
> screen; i guess where it should give us an option to partition the
> freebsd slice into root,home,swap =A0etc ? it throws this error about
> the track boundary and it defaults to use the entire disk.
>
> sure i will double check the procedure in handbook.
>
> thanks,
> Mubeesh
>

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:49 PM, claudiu vasadi
> <claudiu.vasadi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> of course there is. if you have empty space, create a freebsd slice and =
your
>> set.
>>
>> handbook - instalation section section 2.6 is EXACTLY what you need, but=
>> strongly recommend reading the handbook (as much as possible)
>>

> --
> Best=A0 Regards,
>
> Mubeesh Ali.V.M

--=20