Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:43:58 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Adam Furman <adam.furman@usi.net>, "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freebsd-fs@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Adam Furman <adam.furman@usi.net>
Subject:   Re: Server going into Kernel Debug mode

At 11:42 PM 11/13/98 -0500, Adam Furman wrote:
>I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 on an Pentium 133 with 128megs of Memory.  My
>server seems to be crashing now every couple of hours and goes into Kernel
>Debug mode.  The server was running for 184 days before it started to encore
>any problems.  It gave me trouble for about 3 days and it all of sudden stop
>giving me trouble and ran for another month.  The server again is giving me
>problems.  The error message that is comming up on the console is as
>follows.  Any help in this problem would be great.  I need to know what
>could be wrong so I can fix that problem so this doesn't keep happening.
>Thanks
>Adam Furman
>
>(error message)
>calcrv: negative time: -6131984 vsec
>fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>fault virtual address = 0x4
>fault code = supervisor read, page not present
>instruction pointer = 0x8:0xf0153ed9
>stack pointer = 0x10:0xefbfff74
>frame pointer = 0x10:0xefbfff84
>
>code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>	     = DPL 0, Pres 1, det32 1, gran 1
>processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IUPL=0
>current process = 177(SSHD1)
>interrupt mask =
>kernel: type 12 trap, code =0
>stoped at _ip_slowtimot0x49: mov1 0x4(%ebx),%eax
>db>

You wouldn't by any chance have kernel-level debugging on do you? (option
DDB?).

I had it in my kernel for a while, but the thing would do exactly that, and
then it would go and beep eradically.. That doesn't work very well when the
machine is over 30 miles away.

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998