Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:25:44 -0400
From:      "Charles J. Gaush" <cgaush@adelphia.net>
To:        "MET" <met@uberstats.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting the Mouse's Scroll to work

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:21 pm, MET wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get KDE to recognize the mouse's wheel, so that
> I can use it to quickly scroll up and down documents.  I'm posting this
> here because I'm guessing that mostly it's a setting in FreeBSD first,
> and KDE second.
>
> Ideas?
>
> ~ Matthew

In XFree86-4, using the following in /etc/X11/XF86Config should do the tr=
ick:

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol"     "Auto"
    Option      "Device"       "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

I'm using a Trekker wheelmouse.  If you've already configured X, you shou=
ld=20
just add the ZAxisMapping line and change the protocol to Auto and then=20
restart X.

CG