Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2020 20:52:10 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Basic photo viewing/editing for Xfce?

Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> writes:

> By your personal experience, what software do you use for photos: a
> convenient viewer/slideshow, and a basic editor (cropping, rotating...)?
> Gimp would be an overkill.

I use a lot of different programs. I do so specifically *because* for
simple purposes, there are a programs that are very simple. For the
purposes you're describing, I use xv and mirage, but probably either one
will be fine.

I've been using xv a very long time, but its user interface is a bit
old-fashioned. However, it is remarkably capable for a very simple
program. Mirage is quite instinctive for a modern GUI user, and if its
capabilities are enough, I suspect it will work well for most people
these days. There are *many* other utilities that look to be capable in
much the same ways, but I haven't tried them.

Be well.