Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anthony Jenkins <scoobi_doo@yahoo.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: urtwn panic

Thanks for reply, Julian.=A0 Yes it is tiny, I hadn't considered thermal is=
sues.=A0 Its size is why I like the thing, very unobtrusive in my laptop (w=
hile I try debugging the AR9565 problems I'm having).=A0 I'll give the dong=
le idea a whirl, also try it in my desktop downstairs (also running a decen=
tly recent kernel).=0A=0A=0ASoooo possibly nothing to the whole sleeping-wh=
ile-holding-a-lock thing? :-)=0A=0A=0AThanks,=0A=0AAnthony=0A=0A___________=
_____________________=0AFrom: Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.com>=0ATo: Anth=
ony Jenkins <Scoobi_doo@yahoo.com> =0ACc: freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org =0AS=
ent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:38 PM=0ASubject: Re: urtwn panic=0A=0A=0AA=
nthony Jenkins wrote:=0A> I'm getting a panic with the latest kernel (r2647=
19) and the if_urtwn driver.=0A=0AMight the urtwn device overheat, not retu=
rn & cause a panic ?=0AMy urtwn device is very small, no thermal path to du=
mp heat.=A0 I've=0Anot tried on current, but on 10.0-RELEASE I saw my urtwn=
0 interface=0Adisappearing; I read parts of the driver; & noticed there's m=
ention=0Aof a temperature level, I didn't tweak it, but hung my device on a=
=0AUSB extension cable at 10 C outside the window, & later in front=0Aof a =
chassis input fan at ~ 20 C room temp., I think both locations=0Alasted lon=
ger or perhaps indefinately without urtwn0 , can't remember,=0AI suspended =
pursuing it.=A0 Device picture for those who don't know=0Ahow small this, &=
 other URLs via: http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/urtwn/=0A=0ACheers,=
=0AJulian=0A-- =0AJulian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munic=
h http://berklix.com=0AInterleave replies below like a play script.=A0 Inde=
nt old text with "> ".=0A=A0=A0=A0 Google breach privacy http://berklix.com=