Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 17:07:50 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Tom Verbreyt <tom@abwaerts.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation problems: filesystem is (not) full

Tom Verbreyt wrote:
> Bill Moran:
>
>>>However, I still want to give myself a try with FreeBSD, so I burned
>>>the mini-ISO this morning, figuring the errors back then might have
>>>been caused by bad installation media. However, the exact same
>>>problem occurs time and again.
>>
>>4.8, right?
>
> No - 5.0. Is that a bad choice?

If this is your first time with FreeBSD, yes it's a bad choice.

5.0 isn't ready for mainstream use yet.  The release was cut to make
it available to as many testers as possible.  4.8 is the current
production release and you'll find:
a) More people are using it: thus better answers to questions and
    more testing.
b) 5 still has some known problems in some areas

The developers are hoping to have 5 production-ready by 5.1 or 5.2,
but until then, you should probably avoid it unless you have the time
and patience to debug, and deal with problems, etc.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies