Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:33:23 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FJEX Fujitsu Function Buttons

--Boundary-00=_luukBClNETVX4J3

--nextPart1747039.0ZUDA2O5bI

On Monday 08 November 2004 05:14 pm, you wrote:
> Anish Mistry wrote:

> >>Thanks for pinging me.  I'd like to see it match style(9) (i.e. 8
> >> space
> >
> > Ok.
> >
> >>tabs.)  All new code in acpi has done this.  Also, it could use
> >> locking (serialization would be fine since this code isn't in any
> >> fast path).
> >
> > Which driver would have a good example of this?
>
> Try acpi_toshiba.c
>
> >>Also, I assume you have a script for driving it?
> >
> > Yes, should I include that along with a relevant devd.conf patch too?
>
> Sure.  I'll probably genericize it for a hotkey driver though.
Ok, I'm attaching the files and linking to them on my website.

acpi_fuji.tgz:
=2D Updated to match style.
=2D Added event serialization.
acpi_fuji-devd.patch:
=2D Adds a notify handler script (acpi_fuji_exec.sh) to receive the driver'=
s=20
notify event.
acpi_fuji_exec.sh:
=2D A handler script to send display messages to a display pipe for apps to=
=20
read changes to the sysctl values.
fuji_display.sh:
=2D This reads from the pipe created by acpi_fuji_exec.sh and will show a=20
nice HUD message when there is a function button event.  You have to be in=
=20
X, so I've got it starting in my .xinitrc.
=2D Requires xosd installed

http://am-productions.biz/docs/acpi_fuji.tgz
http://am-productions.biz/docs/fuji_display.sh
http://am-productions.biz/docs/acpi_fuji_exec.sh