Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:47:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Viewing on remote PC

FreeBSD-6.2=0A=0AI have a FBSD computer that I need to access via ssh from =
a WinXP machine running 'putty'. I am using ssh certificates for authorizat=
ion. No problem there. I can do anything I want when I access the FBSD mach=
ine in this manner, except run something like KDE or XFCE4. I thought I mad=
e all of the required changes to the ssh_config and sshd_config as well as =
'putty', but evidently not.=0A=0ASituation:=0A=0AI have 'startx' set to sta=
rt 'xfce4' presently. If I type: 'startx' while logged in via ssh, xfce4 wi=
ll start on the FBSD machine just fine. However, on the WinXP PC with 'putt=
y', all I see are the start up messages on the screen. The actual GUI, etc.=
 never appears. This makes using the program impossible from a remote locat=
ion.=0A=0AI am sure I am doing something really stupid here. Perhaps someon=
e could point me i the right direction.=0A=0AThanks!=0A =0A-- =0A=0AWhite H=
at =0Apigskin_referee@yahoo.com=0A=0A=0A =0A_______________________________=
t news right away with email Auto-Check. =0ATry the Yahoo! Mail Beta.=0Ahtt=
p://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html