Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 13:42:51 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Jaco van Tonder" <jacorex@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup to FreeBSD-stable

RELENG_4 is stable.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvs-tags.html

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jaco van Tonder
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 1:30 PM
Subject: cvsup to FreeBSD-stable

Hi all,

I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and I like it very much. I
would like to update to the latest stable sersion of FreeBSD.

Previously I ran cvsup with this line in my cvsup file:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_5

After the whole process of building and installing the new sources I noticed
that I am on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p5 (Previously I was on RELEASE).

I obvoisly updated my sources to the Current Release patch. (I think?)

What do I need to change my
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_5
to to get the latest -stable tree?

Thank you in advance!