Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 15:31:42 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha questions..

In message <10399.863558361@time.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: > : I don't think that's necessary - MILO isn't an ECOFF binary, for
: > : example, yet the loader seems to read it in and jump to it just fine
: > : (from the ARC console).
: >
: > Where can I get the Linux/Alpha MILO?
:
: >From any Linux site?  Try ftp.redhat.com - that's where I got mine. :)
:
: 					Jordan

I'm grabbing mine from gatekeeper.dec.com right now.  It looks like
there is a ECOFF program called loadlin.exe for Windows NT.  The SRM
console appears to have the traditional bootblock and that's all you
get approach.  And there are references to something new called
AlphaBIOS which looks like the ARC BIOSes on the MIPS machines looked:
more PC like.

Will definitely have to look at this stuff, some of which has no
source assocaited with it :-(.

Warner