Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:30:23 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?fran=E7ai?= s <romapera15@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: That was the reason I post old news, for example, news of 2006, 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:55:08 -0300
fran=C3=A7ai s <romapera15@gmail.com> wrote:

> how to start studies on BSD?

it depends what you want to do with FreeBSD.

As I have contact with BSD and later Unix since 1979, I cannot tell you
the best way. Ideally, I would say that the handbook should be of help.

When it comes to programming, POSIX should be of help.

If you want to program directly for FreeBSD, there is also
documentation for this purpose.

And finally, if you want to program for X, you will have to decide
which toolkit you want to use. I think that the big ones are from KDE
and GNOME.

Erich