Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Caputo <ccaputo@alt.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another NFS bogon in 2.2-stable?

We are definitely seeing problems with nfsv2 and either tcp or udp
connections.  We have tried the -r=1024 fix for udp and that didn't help.

We use the 2.2-stable box as an NFS client to a NetApp NFS server.  After
a little while, the FreeBSD box gets into a state where any command that
causes NFS activity hangs, including a simple "df".  Once in this state,
the command can not be killed, even with "kill -9" from root.

I am gonna start comparing the 2.2-stable sources with 3.0-current sources
to see if there are any obvious fixes.  If anyone has any other ideas,
please let me know.  We have an immediate desire to get beyond this.  ;-)

Chris