Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 1995 17:08:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, terry@lambert.org, rcarter@geli.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New lmbench available (fwd)

> It seems that Amancio Hasty Jr. said:
> > You mean that Novell does not have a mechanism to search for a
> > service in a network. So lets say that if I  wanted to print to
> > a "lan" printer and I don't care where it is , it can't do that??
>
> With Netware 3.x I   don't think so (Terry  ?).  With Netware 4.x  and  NDS
> (Network  Directory Services,  a  naming service based   on X.500), I think
> there  is  the concept of  multiple servers  so  you can  attach to another
> server. I may be wrong though :-)

There is the concept of directory services branch replication.

Not the concept of server content replication.

You could do it anyway, if you wanted, but you'd have to extend the
directory (meaning Netware 4.2 or better).  Even then, you'd need
your own service management tools to implement it.

Lotus Notes is closer to the target.

(we need to be able to redirect followups when posting).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.