Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:23:05 -0500
From:      Jeremy Gillies <jgillies@cupw-sttp.org>
To:        "'freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing Via PLIP

Greetings!

I am wondering if someone can point me toward a document or possible help me
(if you have the time) with the following problem:

I have an NEC UltraLite Versa (way old) 486SL with 12mb ram and little else.

I need to use it for minimal purposes (to install a debugger).

I have a main FreeBSD box that I have been running for a while -- it has 4.0
(Mar 2000) on it.

I managed to get my the PAO  3.5.1 kern.flp and msfroot.flp to boot on my
machiune and find all of the devices properly.

So, no I go to install FreeBSD from my machine -- yes I know there may be
issues between PAO and regualr FreeBSD -- via PLIP and the laptop won't see
the connection. I have the correct laplink cable, and I followed two texts
(the one in the handbook and another I found on some help site) and it still
will not see the connection.

Does anyone have experience installing via PLIP or know of a through doc
that I can read?

Thanks in advance,
Jer