Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 95 23:50:49 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        rjb@intac.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (2) quick questions...

> 1) Can FreeBSD 2.0 run SCO unix binaries?

If they are IBCS2 binaries and not Xenix binaries running in compatability
mode, the answer is a qualified "yes".  It's qualified by the devices
and networking and other ancillary services above and beyond "just running"
that the binary uses.

This is true of the NetBSD IBCS2 and Linux IBCS2 compatability, as well;
the code isn't the same, though, so the IBCS2 compatability differences
don't necessarily overlap 100%.  The best advice is "try it".

> 2) Is there driver support for PCI/SCSI controller cards?

Yes, for both NCR and Adaptec.  I'm sure if someone else knows about
something other than these, they'll say something.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.