Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:21:43 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Anti-SPAM stuff

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:14:35 CST, "Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:

> I'd need to import my own changes onto a seperate branch, which lends
> itself to some fairly severe ugliness there.  I supposed I could
> create a seperate 'local' module, and check it out OVER the src

Hi Matthew,

I guess I just haven't experienced the level of complexity you're trying
to work around.

I must admit, if all you want to do is be able to blow away your local
src copy without losing your local hacks, just do ``cvs -q diff -uRN''
and save the output somewhere safe before you do the blow-away. When you
re-checkout, just do a ``patch < saved.diff'' to bring back your local
hacks. :-)

I've never created my own local branching or anything that messy, since
cvs update handles my local modifications quite gracefully.

Anyway, this could easily ramble off the list charter. I'd suggest any

Ciao,
Sheldon.