Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:34:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        jsa@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: portmanager-0.4.1_9

>--- On Thu, 1/10/13, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

>> Is it gone forever? Is there a successor?

>port*manager* is gone, portmaster and portupgrade are still available.

BTW portmanager was excellent the for the first few years.=A0 One could beg=
in an update, then cntl-c after a few minutes when it actually began buildi=
ng ports, and up in the terminal would be a concise list of what needed to =
be installed or upgraded.=A0 Later, its results were inaccurate (did not fi=
nd installed ports...). It would serve many well if someone were to rewrite=
 if for the present ports structure IMHO.=A0 (That was for just one of its =
usages that I used a lot, the others I was still using portupgrade or a cus=
tom .sh script, for those fifty percent or so
of the time in which I did not simply permit portmanager to complete the ta=
sk.)

J. Bouquet=20