Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:48:45 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
Cc:        K.J.Bosschaart@tue.nl, Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>, MiGz MiGz <net_criminal@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re[2]: Hello

Hello Karel,

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 02:49:39PM +0200, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
>> Hello Nathan,
>>
>> Wednesday, July 19, 2000, 2:41:21 PM, you wrote:
>> > You should be able to have it shipped directly to you in Lebanon, check
>> > out http://www.freebsdmall.com/ and/or http://www.cdrom.com/ for
>> > ordering details. It will cost you $39.95US for four Cd-Roms containing
>> > the O/S, the Ports collection, and a 'live' disk. I'm not sure what
>> > shipping will cost you, but there's only one way to find out.
>>
>> Expect it to be rather high. Last time, we paid ~63$ for our FreeBSD 4
>> Release CDs from Walnut Creek to Switzerland which results in 23$
>> shipping and handling charges...
>>
> I'm paying $10 for shipping of the FreeBSD 4 CD set to the Netherlands.
> It might depend on the way it is shipped; I ordered Applixware via DHL, which
> is faster but also twice the charge for shipping ($20).

Well ACK. We where in hurry (Walnut Creek didn't ship the CDs for the
first two weeks because they lost our order...) and so we decided to
take the fastest route ignoring the costs. Hell, the CDs are still WAY
cheaper than even a OEM Win98 license. Next time I'd download the ISO,
though (didn't have an acceptable Internet connection at that time as
the cable company screwed up their uplink for some matter..).

Best regards,
 Gabriel