Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 14:00:27 -0800
From:      "Look, Joseph" <joel@fgmail01.merix.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Look, Joseph" <joel@fgmail01.merix.com>
Subject:   max user processes and max open files setting

In FreeBSD 2.1.0 I am able to put the following lines in the kernel file
and all users will have the max user processes and max open files that I
specified ( I am using the ulimit -a on bash to see the setting):
options         "CHILD_MAX=128"
options         "OPEN_MAX=128"

Now in 2.2.5, I am not able to do the same.  I include the same lines in
my kernel file but when I use the ulimit -a command, the max user
processes and max open files are both set to 64 only(which I think is
the default value).

How can I set this parameters like I did it in 2.1.0?