Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:29:58 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Tom Connolly" <tomc@cqg.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gtksourceview-sharp

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:18:12 -0600, Tom Connolly <tomc@cqg.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I tried asking this question on the MonoDevelop list but they tell me to
> ask on the FreeBSD list so I figured questions was the best place.
>
> Has anyone had any luck installing gtksourceview-sharp on FreeBSD? I've
> successfully installed mono, monodoc, gtksharp but the
> gtksourceview-sharp 0.5 build fails with the following error:
>
> Assertion failed: (lu ->lu_myreq ->lr_owner==lu),function_lock_acquire,
>
> file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/sys/lock.c, line 171
>
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> *** Error code 134
>
> If there is a better list to ask on, please let me know and I will ask
> there.

Mono stuff in FreeBSD ports, they are buggy. Use bsd-sharp project over at
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?bsd-sharp ; it works a lot
better and have several C# apps ported.. But, sadly, we aren't able to get
Monodevelop to stay stable without get crash. I can get Monodevelop runs,
but can't open any file or do anything.

There are some people that are working on Mono and FreeBSD for thread and
other bugs.

The above error is has to do with the '-pkg:', so you need to replace all
 from '-pkg:' to 'pkg-config libs'. Mono's '-pkg:' doesn't like FreeBSD.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org