Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:36:31 -0500
From:      Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
To:        Patrick O'Reilly <bsd@perimeter.co.za>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HELP!!  problem with new bsd mail server [solved kind of]

It looks like qmail was causing these problems.  Very weird, but true.  As
soon as I quit qmail on the server, the interface came back up and hasn't
been down since.

I rebooted the machine, allowing qmail to start up again.  The machine pings
until qmail starts up, and then the interface goes deaf.

I am now digging through qmail to see what is going on.

Brendan