Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:56:54 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Assessing Search Engine Issues

> If the box can go live with ssh set up, I am willing to inflict my
> personal brand of damage on it.  Give me something that runs and I can do
> the rest.

Don't forget (folks) that this machine will also have to have some
bandwidth going to it since it will first have to copy off all the
archived mailing list data and then handle ongoing subscriptions to
every FreeBSD mailing list there this.  For the same reason, this
machine will also have to have a generous amount of storage. :)
The current archive weighs in at 508MB and is sure to grow.

- Jordan