Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Martin Heinen <martin@sumuk.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/34587: Adding Feedback on the issue

The following reply was made to PR docs/34587; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Heinen <martin@sumuk.de>
To: Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:19:08 +0100

 On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 08:40:04AM -0800, Tom Rhodes wrote:

 >  <command>boot <replaceable>kernel.old</replaceable></command>
 >
 >  I just do not really agree with this line, should whitespace be in the
 >  actual tags, I think someone pointed out to me that no whitespace should
 >  exsist here.  Something better would be:
 >
 >  <command>boot</command> <replaceable>kernel.old</replaceable> or maybe

 According to 'DocBook - The Definitive Guide' <command> describes
 an executable program or a text of a command.  <replaceable> is listed
 as valid content for <command>.

 The <medialabel> tag seems similar to <command> (in usage terms) and
 the following example is given:

 | ... <medialabel>Backup <replaceable>nn</replaceable></medialabel>

 Note that <replaceable> and a space are included in the medialabel
 element.

 >  although, the first actually sounds a bit more 'realistic' as kernel.old
 >  would be a replaceable file, HOWEVER, the 'make install' would mv the
 >  kernel to kernel.old meaning it would be on the system regardless...

 Following the Guide, the content of <command> will be restricted to
 #PCDATA, Replaceable, or InlineGraphic in DocBook 4.0, leaving
 the first example.

 >  Anyone with more experiance wish to comment, maybe fill me in what to do
 >  here ;)

 Further comments are welcome too.

 Martin

 --