Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:27:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        anthony@freebie.atkielski.com (Anthony Atkielski)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Teaching parents UNIX

> Marco writes:
>
> > For the same reason people drive cars with
> > a manual transmission instead of an automatic
> > transmission.
>
> It's fine if you wish to drive a car with a manual transmission yourself.
> However, giving a car with a manual transmission to someone else just
> because _you_ happen to like manual transmissions makes no sense at all.

Maybe he can't afford to buy an extra car just to have one to loan
to his mother.     Maybe his mother appreciates better control and
efficiency as much as he does.    Maybe his mother is bored with
just playing solitaire and landmine all the time.

Jeeze, don't start another of those useless and interminably boring
contests of juvenile word slicing about using Win or BSD again.  We
just got rid of one of those.

////jerry